Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Can you guess what it is yet?

 Put your toddler googles on and see if you can see what this is....


 Well? Can you?  Here's a clue.....


The answer is at the end.  So to the beginning...

We've had a chaotic couple of weeks.  I couldn't tell you what we've been doing, but it's been very tiring and we seem to have been away from home a lot.  There have been a couple of occasions where I felt I have had to stop C playing just so we could go somewhere which was probably just as much, or maybe even less, fun than she was already having alone at home.  Pretty pointless really.  So as of this week, I've vowed for us to spend far more time here.  Just 'being'.


Having neglected my chores for long enough, today I decided to do some laundry.  We have set up the utility room so C has a "messy play" area, with glue; paints; water; and other 'materials' which seem perfectly useless as "messy play" until put in the hand of toddler-child.

Our (I was willingly lured from the ironing) sticking and gluing session ended as every messy play always ends for C:  with paint....stripping off ("I in the nip!" says C)...and a bit of body art....


 
Such is the regularity of this occurence that we tidy up whilst we wait for C to dry sufficiently to walk to the shower without leaving painty footprints (she ALWAYS does the bottom of her feet).  Tidying up didn't take long so I went back to my ironing for a few more moments.

An iron!  Of course!
Next thing I know C is busying herself back and forth "ironing".  She has an ironing board but as yet no iron.

Ah, but this didn't stop the girl from her play: she was using her whisk as the iron and sticking it in the key of the linen cupboard whilst making "sssshhhshhhhhh" steam-irony noises to heat it up.  Isn't imagination wonderful?  We won't bother with getting that iron for christmas after all.      

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog & pointing me in this direction. I was at a course in August where we were told to never rush in with the 'correct' item when a child is using another prop in it's place, so you are 100% spot on with holding off on the iron! Kierna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kierna, that course sounds really interesting was it is Gerber/Pikler one? Tt's always nice to hear a bit of support so "Thank you". Sharon

      Delete
  2. How adorable. Kids using their imagination is great. Love the steam making noise, lol. Hope you can stop by Mother 2 Mother where I post about my journey as a mother & grandmother.

    ReplyDelete